Patient & Visitors
Patient/Attendant Information Guide
Thank you for choosing Tabba Kidney Institute (TKI) for your healthcare needs!
The information given herein will help you and your family to familiarize with the hospital policies and services. Our friendly, skilled and dedicated medical staff will ensure that you are guided at every step while you are admitted in the hospital
In case of any queries or concerns, please contact the concerned Nursing Counters for further assistance.
Patients can be admitted in TKI either through Emergency or OPD. Billing office located on the ground floor handles all admission in the hospital.
Arrival in the Room
- Upon admission to the Ward/Room you will receive fresh hospital gown/dress, which is mandatory to be worn by the patient.
- Medicines prescribed by TKI doctor will be provided by the hospital. Carrying/bringing of any personal medicines is not allowed. However in especial cases in which patients are taking TKI non formulary medicines can be allowed to bring their own medicine but with only permission from the primary Doctor.
- Upon admission your doctor will take complete medical history and perform clinical examination. It is advised to bring all previous medical records at the time of admission.
- One attendant is allowed to stay with the patient in the hospital; however attendants are not allowed in ICU. Your attendant/next of kin can contact concerned Unit Reception/Nursing Counter for queries or feedback about the patient’s treatment.
- Male attendant is not allowed to stay in the Female Wing (General Ward).
4:30- 6:30 p.m. (Daily Visiting Hours)
11:00am to 12:00noon (on Sundays and other gazetted holidays)
- Kindly use the attendant / visitor’s pass for visiting the patient, issued by the billing officer at the time of admission. No duplicate pass will be issued if the original is lost. Your cooperation is appreciated in this regard.
- Kindly keep your visit as short as possible to give maximum time to the patient to rest.
- It is desirable that those attendant/family members having some illness should refrain from visiting the patient to safeguard them from any possible infections.
- Children below 12 years of age are not allowed inside the hospital.
Blood Arrangement for Surgery Patients
TKI do not have blood bank services.
- Outpatient and Inpatient Pharmacy Services are also available at the hospital.
- The Inpatient Pharmacy is available 24 hours. Outpatient Pharmacy is located inside the hospital at the Ground Floor where all renal and related medicines are available and is operational 24 hours.
Tobacco and Chewing Pan Policy
Using tobacco products (smoking, pan chewing etc) is injurious to you & your patient’s health. TKI does not allow its use strictly in the hospital premises.
Billing/Discharge and Refunds
- Kindly make all payments to the Billing counter located at the ground floor within the stipulated time / date. Kindly ensure that at all time adequate amount/cash must be available to meet with patient’s treatment expenses. For queries about your hospital charges, please visit the Billing Department at the Ground floor.
- Please note that the Billing Department may require two to four hours to close the file and complete the formalities of discharge from the time when your Consultant/Doctor advises a discharge. Please extend your full cooperation to the Billing staff in this regard.
- Any amount to be refunded would be done via cash, within 24 hours, between 9:00am to 1:00 pm, on working days only. Original payment receipts are needed to claim refunds. In case the original receipt is misplaced, an application has to be submitted by the authorized attendant (Next of Kin), along with a photocopy of his/her CNIC.
- At the time of discharge, you will be provided with a discharge summary and will be briefed about the post discharge medication, precautions and follow up appointment.
Complaints / Suggestions / Compliments
- Your complaints, suggestions and compliments are always welcome. Suggestions / Complaints boxes are placed on each floor of the hospital.
Violence or Aggression towards TKI Staff
- Tabba Kidney Institute’s Management will strongly resist any verbal, racial or physical abuse against its staff members.
- Should there be an incident where a patient / attendant/ visitor’s behavior becomes unacceptable, imposes threat or causes harm; the Hospital Management will pursue necessary action which may also lead to the discharge/expulsion of the patient/attendant from the hospital.
What else do I need to know about TKI?
- All Patients beds are provided with a Call Bell at their bedside in case they wish to speak to Nursing Staff at the time of any need or any emergency.
- An ATM is available on the ground floor in the lobby area. THI is not responsible for the ATM. If you experience any difficulty with the machine, you should contact the number given on the ATM machine for assistance.
- Housekeeping works round the clock. However between 10pm to 7 am, housekeeping may be called as per need.
- You are advised to leave your valuables at home. TKI does not accept any responsibility for the loss of any personal possessions.
- Personal TV sets, photography and video shooting are not permitted in the hospital premises.
- Visitors are required to identify themselves and they may be subject to undergo a security check along with their belongings.
- Fire alarms are installed for immediate intimation of any disaster; Emergency exits are marked and staff will assist you to locate them in case of any untoward situation.
- Your cooperation with our staff and adherence with the rules & regulations is desired.
- TKI is a dedicated Renal Care Hospital. In case of any treatment other than Renal is required during the course of your admission, several sub specialty consultants are available on call basis. However, please be informed that the hospital reserves the right to refer your case to the concerned medical facility or hospital, as per the advice of your Consultant.
- TKI does not provide Home Nursing facility.
- Please do not tip the hospital staff.
- Tabba Heart Institute is a private property. Rights of admission are reserved.
We hope the above information was helpful. We wish you good health and early recovery.
Refer a Patient
Patients referred for Nephrology, Urology and other medical allied consultation are seen at in only with appointment in OPD.
For assistance in booking an appointment, please contact the front desk at Consultant Clinics.
Patients referred for Dialysis in Main hall or High flux dialysis unit are first registered and then given time according to the vacant position.
POLICY FOR HEMODIALYSIS IN E/R FOR
- The Emergency Room Dialysis facility is meant only for patients needing urgent (emergency) life saving Hemodialysis.
The following terms and conditions are applied for patients requiring Non Emergency Hemodialysis in E/R:
- Patients are advised to make prior provisional booking for each session (at least 48 hours) before the expected hemodialysis session. Furthermore re-confirmation is mandatory at least 2 hour prior to booked time (as sometimes machines may not be available because patients with life threatening condition are being dialysis).
- Occasionally Non-emergency patients may have to be removed during their dialysis session because of life threatening requirement of another patient.
- Hepatitis B (latex) will be checked from laboratory for all patients before every dialysis session (mandatory for those that are being dialyzed in other units).
- Please note that we do not check or segregate patients with Hepatitis C for Dialysis in Emergency Room.
N.B. Patients can get themselves registered in our Dialysis Hall. However Tabba Kidney Institute does not recommend or endorse any particular dialysis centre.