Institute Research - Ethical and Research Committee (ERC)
Medical research forms backbone of academics and teaching. It also improves the quality and standard of patients care. Tabba Kidney Institute (TKI) encourages research. To ensure that research is unbiased and ethical, all research projects are first submitted to an Ethical and Research Committee (ERC). ERC is an independent body with participants from TKI and other hospitals, it includes doctors and non-doctors. Every study is first thoroughly scrutinized by the ERC and only once the ERC grants permission/approval then study is conducted. ERC also monitors the study while it is being done.
Following list of studies conducted by TKI faculty.
Dr. Sherjeel Saulat
Director Surgeries & Head of Urology Department
- Clean intermittent Catheterization in Children through a Continent Catheterizable Channel: A developing Country Experience. Sultan S, Hussain I, Ahmed B, Aba Umer S, Saulat S, Naqvi SA, Rizvi J Urol. 2008 Oct; 180 (4 Suppl):1852-5; discussion 1855. Epub 2008 Aug 21.
- Open surgical management of pediatric urolithiasis: A developing country perspective. Rizvi SA, Sultan S, Ijaz H, Mirza ZN, Ahmed B, Saulat S, Umar SA, Naqvi SA. Indian J Urol. 2010 Oct; 26(4):573-6.
- Research Thesis for Peadiatric fellowship: Management of vesicoureteric reflux with dextranomer Hyaluronic acid copolymer (Deflux) in Pakistan
- Dissertation: Management of Urethral Strictures – Optical Urethrotomy versus Urethral Dilatation.
- Supracostal PCNL-Standard Nephrostomy with Day Long Pain Versus Painless Tubeless. A Siddiq, Khalid S, Mahmud SM, Saulat S, Khan SA, Mithani MH. Journal of Urological Surgery, 2018;5(2):73-77
Dr. Sadaf Asim
Consultant Pediatrician & Pediatric Nephrology
- Co-investigator and Glomerular Committee Member of DRAGoN Study Asian Renal Genes. Singapore 2017
- Clinical-Pathological Profile of Pediatric Native Renal Biopsies at a Pediatric Tertiary Care Hospital In Pakistan. Accepted for publication, Saudi Journal of Kidney Diseases and Transplantation. December 2017.
- Vitamin D status in CKD Children, J Ayub Med Coll 2015
- Pattern of Kidney Diseases in Children. PPJ Vol. 37(1) March, 2013
- Parenteral Iron Sucrose In Iron Deficiency Anemia of Pediatric Chronic
- Kidney Disease.J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 23 (3) 2011.
- Outcome of Pediatric Renal Biopsy with Monopty Gun Technique. Journal of Surgery Pakistan. 15 (1) January – March 2010.
Dissertation: Anemia in Pediatric Chronic Kidney Disease at a tertiary care hospital.